We hope you have been enjoying your summer, wherever you are and have been. The Jig had some time off after releasing their well-received album Aargh! in april, playing several Dutch venues and festivals the past months and enjoying an inspiring tour through Germany (see pic). Now the band is ready to rumble again.It started last week as a headliner at the sympathetic and cool Tex Free Festival in Venlo. Next week they have the honor to be the closing act of one of the best and creatively acclaimed festivals in Holland: the Zomer Jazz Fiets Tour. After a whole day of cycling and enjoying music in the wonderful countryside near the city of Groningen, you can finish off dancing to the sounds of The Jig in Garnwerd.
From then on you can find The Jig each weekend playing at different locations, check out the giglist below. Of course new gigs keep coming, so check out the calender.
- Sat 31 aug – Zomer Jazz Fiets Tour Groningen – Garnwerd – 22:00
- Sat 7 sep – Roode Plein Feest – Haarlemmerplein – Amsterdam – app.17:00
- Sat 14 sep – Jazz uit de Koffer – Schiedam – 21:00
- Sat 21 sep – Oud Beijerland Jazz & Blues – 21:00
- Sat 28 sep – Windkracht 13 – Den Helder – 21:30
- Fri 4 okt – Azijnfabriek – Den Bosch – 21:00
- Sat 19 okt – Jazzkeller – Krefeld (D)